Friday, October 12, 2007

Go Colorado Rockies!

I am not a baseball enthusiast. I haven't watched a full game of MLB this year. But I watch sports center and check in on who's winning and losing. I respect the game. But I have never had a passion for it. That being said, how can you not route for the Rockies. With a few weeks left in the season, this perennial bummer team had no chance for the playoffs. And then... they got on a hot streak. Okay, maybe more than a hot streak. They have been amazing. They win like 14 of their last 15 games to qualify for a one game playoff tiebreak against the Padres to see who makes it as the Wild Card. Of course Colorado pulls off an amazing overtime thriller.

No one gave the Rockies a chance against the power house hot Phillies. But the Rockies sweep the series 3-0. Last night the Rockies beat the DiamondBacks in game 1 of the NLCS. They have now won 18 of their last 19 games, that is amazing for any sport, especially baseball. The team plays together. They lack the selfish superstars of so many other teams. They don't have a payroll the size of a small country. Go Rockies. Go win the World Series, I routing for you.

No comments: